The Commission currently manages a comprehensive system of initiatives aimed at dealing with the Driving Under the Influence (DUI) problem in Carbon County. The Commission maintains a functional unit for Alcohol Highway Safety services in Carbon County. These services are also available through other agencies in Pike and Monroe counties. The Commission's program includes public information, as well as evaluation, education and treatment of the DUI offender.
Goals of the Program:
- Reduce the negative impact of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol in the Carbon County area;
- Increase Participant’s understanding of the relationship between drug/alcohol use and highway safety;
- Change the Participant’s attitude about driving after using controlled substances;
- Educate Participants about the broader implications of a DUI arrest in relation to family, job and friends;
- Assist Participants in identifying realistic strategies to avoid future DUI behavior; and
- Educate the Participants on how and where to obtain help for drug and alcohol problems.